Rosé Sangria with Cranberries and Apples
Ruby port and Cointreau add hearty richness to this fruity sangria. Spiced apples and cranberries add a tasty extra reward to each glass served!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 4 allspice berries
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 star anise pod
- 2 cups cranberries
- 2 Granny Smith apples, diced
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle Spanish rosé
- 1/3 cup ruby port
- 1/3 cup Cointreau
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- Ice cubes, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
In a saucepan, mix water, sugar, crushed red pepper, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and star anise. Simmer over moderately low heat 15 minutes.
Strain into a bowl and add cranberries and apples. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Strain the fruit, reserving the spiced syrup. Set aside the fruit and the reserved syrup.
In a large pitcher, mix the rosé with the port, Cointreau, cranberry juice, fruit and 3/4 cup of the spiced syrup.
Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Serve over ice.
The sangria can be made ahead and refrigerated up to 6 hours.
You'll also love
- Appetizer- Crab Salad in Wonton... 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Grandma's Soft Italian Wedding... 4.3/5 (51 Votes)
- North Carolina Lemon Pie 3.8/5 (153 Votes)
- Fried Apple Pie Rolls 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Rajas con Queso Mini Tamales 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Pineapple Rosemary Crush Cocktails 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cookies 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Healthy Baked Sweet Potatoes 4.4/5 (44 Votes)