- 1 (3 oz.) package (Philadelphia) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sifted enriched flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon soft butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of salt
- 2/3 cup coarsely broken pecans (I use walnuts - I grind the walnuts)
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
Let cream cheese and shortening soften at room temperature; blend. Stir in flour. Chill about 1 hour. Shape in 2 dozen 1-inch balls; place in tiny ungreased 1 3/4-inch muffin cups. Press dough against bottom and side of cups.
Beat together eggs, sugar, shortening, vanilla and salt just till smooth. Divide half the pecans among pastry lined cups; add egg mixture and top with remaining pecans.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool; remove from pans