Pumpkin Pie Bars
These pumpkin bars are great when you want to enjoy the flavors of pumpkin pie but don't want to deal with actually making a pie.
- 1 box (18 ounce size) yellow cake mix, divided
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cups butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cups evaporated milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cups cold butter, diced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
This recipe has three parts, a crust, a filling and a topping. Before you start anything, preheat your oven to 350°F, and get out a 13×9 pan.
Reserve 1 cup of the cake mix for the topping. Pour remaining cake mix into a bowl, then stir in the one beaten egg and the 1/2 cup of melted butter until the mixture is well combined. Press evenly into the 13×9 pan and set aside.
Combine 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, the ginger, cloves, salt, pumpkin, evaporated milk and 2 eggs together. Using a whisk, stir until smooth. Pour over the crust.
Stir together the 1 cup of reserved cake mix, and the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Cut in the 1/4 cup of butter dice using a pastry blender or a fork. Sprinkle evenly over the filling.
Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until filling is set. Allow to cool completely, cut into bars, and serve!
You'll also love
- Philadelphia 3-Step Cheesecake 3.9/5 (145 Votes)
- Ho Ho Cake 4.5/5 (84 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake 4.5/5 (83 Votes)
- Walking Taco Casserole 4.1/5 (118 Votes)
- Simple Sweet Potato Casserole 4.3/5 (94 Votes)
- Shrimp Pasta with Tomatoes, Lemon... 4.4/5 (85 Votes)
- Layered Pumpkin Loaf 4.5/5 (81 Votes)
- 5 Minute Pumpkin Crescent Rolls 4.5/5 (80 Votes)