Beef Tenderloin w/ Mushrooms
A flavorful beef tenderloin recipe given to me by my friend Amanda Ray.
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (short loin) 3.5-4 lbs
- 5-6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh sage
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 lb fresh white button mushrooms, brushed clean and thinly sliced
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 100mins
Preheat oven to 400.
1. Trim tenderloin of any loose fat and place in an oiled roasting pan.
2. Coat with 1-2 tbsp melted butter and sprinkle with thyme, sage, salt and fresh cracked pepper.
3. In a bowl, mix remaining melted butter with garlic and mix with mushrooms. Add the coated mushrooms to the roasting pan.
4. Roast the tenderloin and mushrooms approx 1 hr. 20 min., basting meat with the pan drippings and turning the mushrooms twice, until a thermometer read 130F in the center of the tenderloin (for medium rare).
5. Remove from oven and let tenderloin sit for 10 min to reabsorb juices. Slice across the grain.
6. Serve with the roasted mushrooms and a vegetable side of your choice (Asparagus would be a lovely pair)
You'll also love
- Oatmeal Raisin ( Chocolate Chip)... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Avocado Spaghetti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramelized Bacon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Peppers with Andouille... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- W30/B: Butternut Squash, Spinach... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- W30/B: Curried Beef, Broccoli... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken with Wild Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Chile Marinated Beef... 0/5 (0 Votes)