Russian Tea Cakes
I make these for Christmas. My daughter's favorite
Rate this recipe 4.4/5 (63 Votes)
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- powdered sugar to roll cookies in
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour and baking soda until well blended.
3. Stir in pecans. Roll dough into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
4. Remove cookies from cookie sheets; cool slightly on rack.
5. While cookies are still warm, roll cookies in powdered sugar. Roll in powdered sugar again after cookies have completely cooled.
Review this recipe