Sausages with Orange, Olive and Sweet Onion Relish
- 4 large (about 1 1/2 pounds total) sweet or hot Italian sausage links
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 oranges
- 1/4 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) small pitted green olives, quartered
- 1/4 cup(s) roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt
- 4 rolls
Adapted from yahoo.com
1. Heat a grill, grill pan, or skillet to medium-high heat. Coat the sausages with 1 tablespoon oil and cook, covered, turning occasionally, until just cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut away the peel and white pith of each orange. Working over a bowl, cut the orange into segments, the bowl will catch any juices. Cut the segments into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Add the onion, olives, parsley, remaining tablespoon oil, and a pinch each salt and pepper to the bowl and gently toss to combine. Serve the sausages in the rolls and top with the relish.
You'll also love
- Red Potato Slices with Lemon and... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Ultimate Lobster Rolls 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Lemon Poppy Seed Jam Filled Muffins 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Potato Lasagna 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Paleo Applewood Smoked Bacon 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon Infused Bourbon Whiskey 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Lime & Mint Scallops with Red Onion 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Steak Fajita Sandwich with... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)