Pumpkin Roll Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 2/3 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 2 tbs powdered sugar
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs(1/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Butter 13X9X5/8" jelly roll pan. Line pan with waxed paper and butter paper.
2. Mix first five ingredients in large bowl. Mix in eggs and pumpkin. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
3. Lay kitchen towel on work surface and dust with 2 tbs powdered sugar. Cut around pan sides to loosen cake. Turn out cake onto sugared towel, waxed paper side up. Fold one side of towel over one long side of cake. Then roll up cake jelly roll style. Cool cake.
4. Combine cream cheese, one cup powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla in medium bowl. Beat to blend. Mix in walnuts.
5.Unroll cake, leaving on towel. Peel off paper. Spread cream cheese filling evenly over cake. Using towel as, roll up cake and place seam side down on platter. Trim ends of cake. Dust cake with powdered sugar. Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
6. Cut cake crosswise into one inch slices and serve.