Sanibel Stuffed Chicken from Tommy Bahamas Copycat
Chicken breast is stuffed with cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and a chipotle onion mixture and then sautéed until crisp and grilled until cooked through.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 purple onion, diced
- 4 ounces of diced chives
- 3-4 ounces of chopped cilantro
- Mozzarella cheese
- Bread Crumbs
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 2-4 skinless, boneless organic chicken breast halves
- Ranch Dressing mix packet
- 2 1/2 cups of sour cream
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp chopped chipotle peppers
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces diced chives
- 3 to 4 ounces of chopped cilantro
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 skinless, boneless organic chicken breast halves
- 1 ranch dressing mix packet
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
PREPARE CHICKEN CHIPOTLE RANCH MIXTURE:
Place ranch dressing a medium bowl and combine the 3 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, lime juice with the ranch mix and stir until completely mixed. Add the diced onion, chives and cilantro.
Fill a medium bowl halfway with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and completely submerge each chicken breast.
Fill a medium/large freezer bag with bread crumbs and shake chicken until it is fully covered with the bread crumbs.
Cut pockets into chicken breasts and spread a liberal amount of the cream cheese and stuff with the chipotle ranch and shredded mozzarella cheese
Saute chicken in skillet with olive oil for 5 to 7 minutes each side (or until the crust is crispy and brown).
Remove from skillet and grill over medium high heat for 10 to 15 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
Serve with remainder of the chipotle ranch mixture as a sauce/topping.
You'll also love
- Spinach and Brie Chicken with... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)