Tofu-free, Deli style Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 containers (3 cups) plain vegan creamer
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons onion powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons paprika, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages vegan shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup vegan breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Boil macaroni until cooked very al dente, according to package directions. The pasta will cook more in the oven. Drain, place back in the pot, drizzle some olive oil on it to prevent sticking and set aside.
2. In a medium size saucepan, add garlic and creamer on medium heat. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder, 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder, 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika, salt, pepper and 1/2 tablespoon parsley.
3. Slowly stir in 8 ounces vegan cheese and turn up heat slightly until it turns into a smooth . Stir cheese mixture in the pot with the macaroni and toss well.
4. For layering, use a medium size lasagna pan. Start making layers by scooping the macaroni into the pan, sprinkle a pinch of each remaining spice, sprinkle with remaining vegan cheese, and repeat. You can get 2-3 layers out of it.
5. At the very top, after you sprinkle on the vegan cheese, sprinkle bread crumbs, cover with nonstick aluminum foil, and bake for 25-35 minutes. It depends on your oven, but I like to leave mine in a little longer so it bakes brown.