Garlicky Shrimp Pasta
Marinate the shrimp while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- 5 medium garlic cloves , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 5 teaspoons), plus 4 medium cloves, smashed
- 1 pound large shrimp (21-25), peeled, deveined, each shrimp cut into 3 pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Table salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound pasta in short, tubular shapes, such as fusilli, campanelle, or mezze rigatoni
- 2 teaspoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth or white wine
- 3/4 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice plus 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Ground black pepper
1. Toss 2 teaspoons minced garlic, shrimp, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Let shrimp marinate at room temperature 20 minutes.
2. Heat 4 smashed garlic cloves and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic is light golden brown, 4 to 7 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and use slotted spoon to remove garlic from skillet; discard garlic. Set skillet aside.
3. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large Dutch oven over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta. Cook until just al dente, then drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water, and transfer pasta back to Dutch oven.
4. While pasta cooks, return skillet with oil to medium heat; add shrimp with marinade to skillet in single layer. Cook shrimp, undisturbed, until oil starts to bubble gently, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir shrimp and continue to cook until almost cooked through, about 1 minute longer. Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to medium bowl. Add remaining 3 teaspoons minced garlic and pepper flakes to skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute; stir in vermouth and cook for 1 minute. Add clam juice and parsley; cook until mixture starts to thicken, 1 to 2 minutes. Off heat, whisk in butter and lemon juice. Add shrimp and sauce to pasta, adding reserved cooking water if sauce is too thick. Season with black pepper. Serve, passing lemon wedges separately.
You'll also love
- Flank Steak with lime Chipolte... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp and Green Chili Quesadillas... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Artichoke and Spinach Dip (Hot) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Polenta Terrine with Italian... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Asian Peanut Noodles 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms - Red Lobster 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp Ceviche Recipe Ecuador 5/5 (1 Votes)