shahi Veg Pulao
shahi veg pulao is a healthy and delicious pulao with lot of vegetables and rice.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 onion
- 1 carrots cut into cubes
- 1 potato cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup peas
- 3-4 green chillis
- 6-7 black pepper
- 3-4 clove
- 2-3 cinnamon
- 2-3 cardamoms big & green
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp cashew nut
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 4 cups water
- Salt to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Wash the rice till the water turns clear.
2. Soak the rice for 15 min.
3. Heat the ghee in a pan.
4. Add the cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper.
5. When it is fried add the sliced onions & saute the onions till 3/4th
6. Add the all vegetables & green chilies.
7. Add salt, cashew nut, raisins & water. Stir it well.
8. Add rice, when water started boiling lower heat & cook for another 5
9. Cover pan with tight fitting lid & cook it for 15 mins on lower heat.
10. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves & serve hot.