Super Seed Chocolate Protein Bites
Into the food processor go pitted medjool dates and equal portions of sesame, chia, hemp, and cocoa powder. Add a bit of sea salt, vanilla, and cinnamon for flavour enhancing and a scoop of cacao nibs for some awesome crunch. Raw cacao nibs are quite bitter on their own, but in these bites they work well adding antioxidants, fibre, magnesium, and more. Feel free to use mini dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate if you prefer. Leftovers are ready in the freezer for any snack attack and they are great when you’re running out the door in the morning!
1 serving - 30.5g. 96 cal.; fat 4.8g. sat. fat 1 g.; sod. 50.3 mg. carb. 11.3g; fiber 11.6 g.; sugar 7.1 g.; protein 3.1 g.
- 1 cup packed pitted Medjool dates (12-13 large)
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seed
- 1/4 cup chia seed
- 1/4 cup sesame seed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs (or mini dark chocolate chips)
Adapted from blu171.mail.live.com
1.Add dates into processor and process until a chunky paste forms.
2. Add in the hemp, chia, sesame, cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Process until thoroughly combined. Pulse in the cacao nibs. The dough should be sticky when pressed between your fingers. If it’s not sticky enough to shape into balls, add a small amount of water (a teaspoon at a time) and process until it comes together.
3. Shape dough into small balls (about 16) and freeze for 20 minutes or so until firm. Store leftovers in the freezer until your next snack attack hits.