Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Love the minestrone soup at Olive Garden? Here is a copycat recipe that is easy to make, and tastes just like it! Make sure to top with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced white onions
- 1/2 cup copped zucchini
- 1/2 cup frozen cut Italian green beans
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth, do not use chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce can)small white beans, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienne or shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups hot water
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
- 1/4 sweet red wine, optional
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 75mins
Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent. If adding, add wine at this point and allow to evaporate.
Add vegetable broth to pot plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water and spices.
Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes
Add spinach leaves and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency.
Served with, of course, fresh grated Parmesan cheese!
You'll also love
- Basil, Chicken & Orzo Soup 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Tapas: Coconut Shrimp 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- TGI Friday's Copycat Cilantro Lime... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Santa and Reindeer Truffles 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Fried Cube Steak 3.8/5 (18 Votes)
- Easy Clementine Olive Oil Cake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cake Bars with Cream... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo Olive Garden... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)