Lemony Grilled Lamb Kebabs and Vegetables
- 3 1/2 * 3 1/2 pounds lamb top round or boneless leg, cut into 1 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 3 * 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 * 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- * kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 * 4 bell peppers, seeded and cut into 2-inch-wide strips
- 2 * 2 medium red onions, each cut into 6 wedges (root ends left intact)
- 1/3 * 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
1. Soak 16 wooden skewers in water. Heat grill to medium-high.
2. Thread the lamb onto the skewers. Brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with the oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
3. In a large bowl, toss the bell peppers and onions with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
4. Grill the lamb and vegetables, turning frequently and brushing with the lemon juice, until the lamb is medium-rare and the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.