- 4 veal cutlets
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup fine dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 T butter
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozarella cheese
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 T olive oil
- Tomato Sauce
1. Pound veal until 1/4 inch thick.
2. Pat dry with paper towel.
3. Beat egg in shallow bowl; spread flour and breadcrumbs on separate plates.
4. Dip veal to coat both sides evenly, first in flour, then in egg, then in breadcrumbs.
5. Heat butter and oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Add veal and cook turning once, until light brown, 2 or 3 minutes per side.
7. Heat oven to 350F.
8. Remove veal from skillet with slotted spatula to shallow baking dish.
9. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over veal.
10. Spoon tomato sauce evenly over cheese.
11. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over tomato sauce.
12. Drizzle a little olive oil over Parmesan cheese.
13. Bake uncovered until veal is tender and cheese topping is golden brown. (about 25 minutes)