Beef, Divine Meatloaf
"This meat loaf recipe calls for fresh vegetables. Everyone who has tried this dish loves it."
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 bunch green onions, diced
- 2 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 ounces saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1 eggs 1/2 (1.25 ounce) package beef with onion soup mix
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
This recipe's Ingredients were scaled to yield a new amount. The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield of 8 servings.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, green pepper, green onion, mushrooms and saltine crackers.
Stir in the eggs and the beef with onion soup mix; mix thoroughly.
Press mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the ketchup, yellow mustard and brown sugar. Mix thoroughly and pour over the meat mixture, spreading evenly.
Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.