Scrumptious Salisbury Steak in Mushroom Gravy
This simple hearty dish with wonderful gravy needs to be served with mashed potatoes or buttered noodles.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 T. crushed finely crushed buttery round cracker crumbs
- 2 T. finely chopped onion
- 1/2 t. both s and p
- 1/4 t. poultry seasoning
- 2 4 oz. cans sliced mushrooms with juice
- 3 T. butter
- 3 T. all purpose flour
- 3 c. milk
- 3 beef bouilion cubes
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, cracker crumbs, onion, s, p, and poultry seasoning using your hands. Shape into 6 patties about 1" thick.
2. Fry the patties in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes per side, or until browned. Drain off grease, and remove patties to a platter; keep warm.
3. Melt the butter in the same skillet, and add the mushrooms. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over, and mix in until blended. Stir in the milk and beef bouillon. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth and starting to thicken. Return the patties to the gravy and cook over low heat, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
total fat 18.6