Hot And Sour Broccoli Beef
- 3/4 pound boneless tender beef steak
- (sirloin, rib eye or top loin)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch plus
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch divided
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce divided
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound fresh broccoli trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper - (to 1/4 tspn)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
Cut beef across grain into thin slices. Combine 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and soy sauce with garlic and sugar in medium bowl; stir in beef. Let stand 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, remove flowerets from broccoli; cut into bite-size pieces. Peel stalks; cut diagonally into thin slices. Combine 1 cup water, remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 4 teaspoons cornstarch and crushed red pepper in small bowl; set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add beef and stir-fry 1 minute; remove. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same pan. Add broccoli and onion; stir-fry 2 minutes. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon water over vegetables; cover and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beef and soy sauce mixture; cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Grilled Whole Catfish 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Twice-Baked Potatoes (Pioneer... 4.1/5 (38 Votes)
- Pink Lemonade Pound Cake 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Butter Pecan Sweet Potato Crunch 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage, cabbage & potato... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Brown Sugar and Mustard Glazed... 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Broccoli Casserole 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamy Vegan Broccoli and Rice... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)