Pasta - Heart Healthy Fettucine Alfredo
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles
- 1 stick butter (or margarine)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 – 1 ½ cups parmesan cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cook fettuccine noodles. Do not rinse. They hold the sauce better if not rinsed. Drain and set aside.
In same large pot that noodles were cooked, melt butter and add evaporated milk. Keep on low – medium low heat. Stir in parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic and parsley.
Add noodles and heat until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
1. Add milk to thin. If it sits on the stove too long, the sauce is absorbed and the alfredo will be better if you stir in some milk just before serving.
2. Freshly grated parmesan will make a thinner sauce than canned grated parmesan cheese.
3. Just add chicken to make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. Left over grilled chicken is perfect.
4. Original recipe calls for whipping cream. Evaporated milk makes a lighter, healthier version.
5. Mushrooms (fresh/sautéed or canned) are great additions. Just stir them in.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Pancetta 4.4/5 (97 Votes)
- Crispy Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine 4.5/5 (75 Votes)