Moroccan Chicken and Couscous
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-2" cubes
- 2 Carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo)
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 4 tbs. butter
- 1 green onion chopped
Place vegetables and spices in large pot with chicken broth and juice from chickpeas and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20-30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
In the meantime, rub chicken with a little salt and pepper and saute chicken cubes until cooked through. Add to vegetables and spices in last 10 minutes of cooking and prepare couscous.
In large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat and saute onion for about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and increase heat to bring to a boil. When boiling, remove from heat and add couscous. Cover pan and allow couscous to absorb liquid for 10 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, nuts, and raisin. Serve chicken and vegetables spooned over top of couscous.
Note: to toast pine nuts, place in small pan over medium-low heat and toast just until golden and fragrant.
You'll also love
- Tagine of Chicken and Chickpeas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans with Shallot Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Pink Vodka Sauce and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Whole Wheat Pasta Salad with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Sun-dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Fettuccine Supersized with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon and Couscous 0/5 (0 Votes)