Classic Pumpkin Pie
- Pie crust dough
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (generous) salt
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
1. Roll out pie crust dough on lightly floured surface to 13 inch round. Transfer to 9 inch diameter glass pie dish. Trim dough overhang to 1/2 inch. Fold overhang under and shape edge to form high-standingrim. Make cuts in crust edge at 1/2 inch intervals. Bend alternate edge pieces inward. Freeze crust 15 min.
2. Preheat oven to 375 deg. Line crust with foil and beans or pie weights. Place crust on large rimmed baking sheet. Bake crust until sides are set and dry, about 15 min. Remove foil and beans. Continue to bake crust until cooked through and pale golden, piercing with fork if crust bubbles, 13 to 15 min. longer. Cool crust on sheet 30 min. Reduce oven temperature to 325 deg.
3. Whisk both sugars, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and salt in medium bowl until no lumps remain. Whisk in pumpkin, whipping cream, eggs and sour cream. Gently spread apricot preserves evenly over inside of crust to coat. Pour fillinf into crust.
4. Bake pie on sheet until filling pulls at edges and center is almost set, 60 to 65 min. Cool pie completely on rack. Cover and chill until cold.