Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1 whole bone-in turkey breast (6-1/2 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tbsp good olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (3 Cloves)
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1-1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 12 / tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
1. Preheat the oven to 325 deg. Place the turkey breast on a rack in a roasting pan, skin side up.
2. In a small bowl, combine the oliveoil, garlic,lemon juice, mustard, rosemary, sage thyme, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture evenly all over the skin of the turkey breast. (you can also loosen the skin and spread half of the paste underneath, directly on the meat.) Pour thewine into the bottom of the roasting pan.
3. Roast the turkey for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours, until the skin is golden brown and an instant read thermometer registers 165 deg. when inserted into the thickest and meatiest area of the breast. Check the breast after an hour or so; if the skin is over browning, cover it loosely with aluminum foil.
4. When the turkey is done, remove from the oven, cover the pan with aluminum foil and allow the turkey to rest at room temperature for 15 min. Slice and serve warm with the pan juices.