- 2 (2-1/2-ounce) jars sliced dried beef, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices white bread, toasted and cut in half diagonally
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
Place beef in a medium bowl and add enough warm water to cover. Soak 2 minutes; drain, rinse, and drain again.
In a medium skillet, combine beef, butter, flour, onion powder, and pepper over medium heat. Cook until butter melts, stirring constantly.
Add milk and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly.
Spoon an equal amount of beef mixture over each piece of toast. Serve immediately.