Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust
Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (43 Votes)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces and blanched
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Adapted from todaysmama.com
Mix the rice, finely grated cheese and one egg in a bowl. Press the rice mixture into a pie plate, about 1/4 inch thick.
Bake in a preheated 450 degree F oven until the edges and bottom just start turning golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Mix the remaining eggs, milk, broccoli, sharp cheddar cheese and green onions in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven until golden brown and set in the center, about 30 to 35 minutes.
You'll also love
- Tender Slow-Cooker Mushroom Lamb... 4.1/5 (62 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Baked Shrimp Scampi 3.8/5 (176 Votes)
- Jagerschnitzel 4.1/5 (49 Votes)
- Cheesy Corn Grits w/ Country Ham 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Salisbury Steak with Caramelized... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken-Broccoli Shells and Cheese 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
Review this recipe