quickbread - Sweet Potato Pecan Bread with Chocolate Chips
- 2 flaxseed eggs (2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 Tablespoons warm water)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour/starch
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup gluten-free & vegan chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life brand.)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup granulated vegan sugar
- 1 baked sweet potato, skin removed
- 1/2 cup safflower of canola oil
Adapted from thegspotrevolution.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan by brushing with safflower or canola oil. Set aside
Mix together the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt until well combined. Set aside.
Using a standing mixer or medium bowl with hand mixer, combine sugar, sweet potato (skin removed) and oil. Add in flaxseed meal mixture and mix until just combined. Slowly begin adding flour mixture to wet ingredients, mixing in between additions until all ingredients have been incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
Pour bread into prepared pan and place in oven, baking on middle rack of oven (to keep top of bread from burning) for 75 minutes to 80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. NOTE: If bread begins to brown too quickly, then loosely place a sheet of foil on top for the duration of baking time.
When finished, remove bread from oven and allow to cool in pan for 25 to 30 minutes. Then, flip bread onto a baking rack, allowing it to completely cool before slicing and serving.