Pink Grapefruit Yogurt Cake
- For Grapefruit Syrup:
- 3/4 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1 c granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 1/2 pink grapefruits
- 3 lg eggs
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 c canola oil
- 1/4 c freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 Tblsp granulated sugar
- For Grapefruit Glaze:
- 1/3 c powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 Tblsp freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Peheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9" round cake pan w/cooking spray. Dust w/flour. Set pan aside.
In med bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, & salt. Set aside.
In sm bowl, add grapefruit zest to the sugar. Rub together w/fingers until fragrant. In lg bowl, mix together yogurt, sugar, and zest with lg spoon. Whisk in the eggs. Mix until smooth & add vanilla, stir again.
Add flour mixture to wet ingredients. Mix just until flour is incorporated.
Add oil and mix well 1 to 2 min. just to get oil mixed in. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake for 25 to 30 min. Until springs back in center.
Cool on rack 15 min. and remove from pan. While cake continues to cool make syrup and glaze.
For Syrup: In a sm sauce pan, add grapefruit juice & sugar. Whisk over med heat until sugar dissolves.
For Glaze: In med bowl, whisk powdered sugar, grapefruit juice together. If too thick add more juice, if too runny add more sugar.
Poke little holes into cake -- Spoon grapefruit syrup over cake and let soak in. Let cake cool to room temp. and add glaze, drizzling it over top of cake.
You'll also love
- WHOLE GRAIN BANANA BREAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rossi Pasta Tomato Basil Garlic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Surprise 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken w/snow peas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Madarin Orange Cheese Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Salad with Grapes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Grape Pop 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Capers... 0/5 (0 Votes)