Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters
- Jalapeno Popper Dressing:
- 2 cups corn
- 1/2 cup flour* (or corn flour, or rice flour, etc)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 + jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander, toasted and ground
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup jalapeno popper dressing (optional)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (light is ok), softened
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream or mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh, pickled or roasted jalapenos
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 green onion
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 2 tablespoons bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Puree everything in a food processor and optionally let sit in the fridge for a few hours.
- Tip: Add the jalapenos a bit at a time to get the heat level to where you want it.
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from closetcooking.com
Mix the corn, flour, egg, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, jalapenos, bacon, green onion, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl.
Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, form into 1/4 cup patties and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Serve with jalapeno popper dressing and enjoy!