- 2 1/2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- 2 TBSP EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 2 onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 cubanelle peppers-halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 cup beef stock
- 12-16 slices provolone
- 6-8 crusty rolls
In a mixing bowl, combine the beef, worcestershire sauce, parsley, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Place in fridge til chilled so flavors can meld.
While the meat chills, heat 2 TBSP EVOO in a skillet, over medium-high heat. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add the cubanelle peppers and crushed red pepper and cook 7 to 8 minutes to soften. Keep the onions and peppers saucy and moist by adding a little stock at a time.
Bring the meat to room temp. Form 6 to 8 patties; drizzle with EVOO. Cook patties to desired doneness, about 8 minutes for pink centers. Melt 2 slices provolone over each patty during the last minute of cooking. Serve on rolls with peppers and onions.