Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated ready-to-use pie crust
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 cup(s) whole milk
- 4 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup(s) peanut butter, preferably crunchy
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- Freshly whipped sweetened heavy cream, for serving
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place pie crust in 9-inch pie plate; bake as label directs for one-crust pie shell.
2. In 4-quart saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, and salt. In large bowl, whisk milk and egg yolks until blended; gradually whisk into sugar mixture. Heat on medium 6 to 7 minutes or until mixture thickens and boils, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter, butter, and vanilla until well blended.
3. Immediately pour peanut butter mixture into baked pie shell; press plastic wrap onto surface of filling. Refrigerate pie at least 4 hours or until well chilled and set.
4. To serve, top with whipped cream and garnish with chopped peanuts.