Dr Oz Culinary Institute of America's Better-Than-Potato Salad
Move over potatoes and make room for lupini beans! This big white bean, called the lupini bean, works great in all these recipes to give you the starchy taste you crave. Try this healthier take on potato salad from the Culinary Institute of America.
- 4 4 4 cups large lupine beans, cooked (see note)
- 2 2 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 2 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 5 5 5 sweet gherkin pickles, minced
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 2 2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 2 2 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 tsp black pepper
Mix cooked lupini beans with the celery, parsley, minced pickles, red onion and eggs. Mix the silken tofu with the vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour this over bean mixture and toss.