Chris' Boy Scout Camping recipe
- 3 lbs. Beef for stew
- 1 C Seasoned flour (I use a mix of 1 C flour with 1 T salt, 1 T paprika, and 1 t pepper.)
- 1 Onion, medium, diced
- 3 C Water
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 3 t Kitchen Bouquet
- 3 T Catsup
- 4 each Potatoes + Carrots, pared and cubed
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 210mins
1. Dredge meat in flour, brown slowly in oil, remove to large stock pot.
2. Sauté onion, pour off oil. Add water to skillet; simmer to loosen all browned bits. Pour over meat, add all other seasonings.
3. Simmer 3 hours, adding potatoes and carrots after 1 ½ hours.