Mashed Potato Casserole II
- 2 1/2 lbs. potatoes, pared and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 3 oz. pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp chopped scallion
- 1/8 cup + 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 21mins
Grease a 2 quart baking dish; set aside.
Place potatoes in large saucepan. Add 1/2 tsp of the salt and enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Drain.
In medium bowl, beat boiled potatoes until smooth. Beat in softened cream cheese, sour cream, egg yolk, butter, remaining 1 tsp. salt and pepper. Beat potato mixture until smooth. Stir in 1/3 cup scallion and 1/8 cup parsley. Spoon into baking dish. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove cover from baking dish. Sprinkle potatoes with remaining 2 Tbsp scallion and 2 Tbsp parsley. Bake 40 minutes or until potatoes are golden.