Spicy raisin cookies.
- 1 cup dark seedless raisins
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Pour 2 cups boiling water over raisins in a saucepan and bring to boiling; pour off water and drain raisins on absorbent paper. Corsely chop raisins and set aside.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and spices together and blend thouroughly; set aside.
3. Cream butter; add brown sugar gradually, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
4. Add dry ingredients in fourths, mixing until blenfded after each addition. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
6. Bake at 400* about 7 minutes.