Breaded (baked) cod
Recipe for breaded cod - a perfect dish for people who are not that fond of sea food. Can be served with potatoes, rice or salad on the side.
- The fish:
- 400 grams (14 ounces) of cod fillets (bone and skin free)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1.5 (0.5 cups) dl of something to bread the fish with. For example crushed dry bread, crushed rusk, sesame seeds...
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed nutmeg to taste (optional)
- The carrot stew:
- 3 large carrots, cut in to thin rivets
- 2 tables spoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons white flour
- 0.5 dl (0.2 cups) milk
- salt, pepper and crushed nutmeg to taste
- 2 to 4 potatoes (depending on the size)
- 4 to 6 thinly sliced smoked-cured ham
- butter or oil for frying
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from trinesbalsam.blogspot.no
Start first to boil the potatoes and set the oven to 220 degrees celcius.
Then start breading the fish. Cut the fish into serving size pieces. Put flour (with the spices), egg and crushed dry bread into 3 separate bowls. First dip the fish into the flour, then the egg, and the the bread. Make sure all sides of the fish are covered. Repeat dipping into the egg and the bread if not satisfied after the first time. Fry the fish in butter or oil for about 2 minutes on each sides in a medium heated frying pan. Be careful when turning the fish in the pan.
Put the fried fish into a ovenproof dish (with oil) and then have them in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Now, make a thick white sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the white flour and the milk while stirring. Let it simmer while you put in the carrot pieces. Turn thereafter the heat down right beneath boiling point, such that the sauce doesn't burn and thicken more. Add some salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Cook the carrots until soft all the way through.
Finally, fry the ham for 1 to 2 minutes on each side in a dry, warm frying pan.
The dish is ready to serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)