Mediterranean Meatballs [HCG]
- 200 grams minced beef
- 4 cloves garilc, minced
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 2 Melba toasts, crumbled
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 (16-oz) bag of spinach, wilted
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (14-oz) tomato puree
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a large bowl, combine beef, garlic, onion, toast crumbs, nutmeg, sage, spinach, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Roll the mixture into individual balls about 2 tablespoons each.
4. In a small baking dish, place the meatballs next to one another until highly packed in.
5. Pour the puree over the meatballs and season once more with salt and pepper.
6. Place in oven and bake 30 minutes, until cooked through.