CRAB CAKES REMOULADE
- Remoulade sauce: 1 C mayonnaise
- 1/4 C catchup
- 1/4 C minced parsley leaves
- 1 T prepared white horseradish
- 2 t white vinegar
- 1 t grated lemon peel
- 1 t hot pepper sauce
- 1 16-oz container lump crabmeat
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 large celery stalk
- 1/2 small red pepper
- 1 T flour
- 1 t dry mustard
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C dried bread crumbs
- 1 T lemon juice
- parsley and lemon wedges for garnish
Mix remoulade ingredients in small bowl; cover and refrigerate. Pick over crabmeat. Grate onion; mince celery and red pepper.
In 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, in 2 T hot butter, cook onion, celery, and red pepper until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour, mustard, and salt; cook 1 minutes, stirring frequently.
Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in crabmeat, bread crumbs, and lemon juice.
Into a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in 3 T hot butter, spoon 8 mounds of crab-cake mixture; press into cakes; cook until browned on both sides and heated through, about 10 minutes. Serve with Remoulade Sauce.
You'll also love
- Bacon Spinich Strata Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Ginger Chicken (ala P.F.... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Impossibly Easy Salmon-Asparagus... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Tuna with Lime Pepper... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fish, Shrimp Garlic LInguine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Clam Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp & Crab Nachos 0/5 (0 Votes)