Ground beef/potato casserole
from Marcy VanHouten
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I suppose ground turkey could work, too, but I've never tried it)
- 1 can healthy request cream of mushroom soup
- 4 large white potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 small can french fried onions
Brown the ground beef. Drain. Add soup and mix together. (I also add some black pepper to taste) You could add whatever seasonings you like, but it's pretty tasty as is. :)
Slice the potatoes thinly.
In a greased casserole dish (I use a square 9x9), layer the potatoes and meat mixture, starting with half of the potatoes. Add half of the meat. Sprinkle a small portion of the french fried onions next. Then repeat the layers, ending with meat. Pour milk evenly over the ingredients.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 1/4 hours. Add the rest of the onions. Bake additional 5 minutes.
**sometimes I sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese between layers of potatoes/meat. :)
You'll also love
- Tilapia Parmesan 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Thai-Style Ground Beef 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Acorn Squash Alfredo, Vegan 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Peach Chutney 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Custard Ice Cream 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken with Broccoli,... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes for Two 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Marriage Meatloaf 4.6/5 (17 Votes)