Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars
An assortment of different candies makes these cookie bars fun and delicious.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1-stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Heaping 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, use Jiff, Skippy, etc.; don't use homemade or natural it is too runny
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Peanut Butter M&Ms or Peanut, Plain, or favorite variety
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks, or a combination
- 1/2 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/3 cup Heath Bar Toffee Bits
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from averiecooks.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don't scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
Add the peanut butter and whisk or stir until smooth and incorporated.
Add the flour and stir until just combined, don't overmix.
Add all remaining add-ins and fold to incorporate.
Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula. I like to strategically place a few M&Ms on the top of the batter for a nice visual effect.
Bake for about 25 minutes, or until top is set. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving. Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
You'll also love
- Easy One-Pot Hamburger Stroganoff 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Jell-O Strawberry Cheesecake... 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Cookies 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Pistachio Shortbread Cookies 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip... 4.1/5 (64 Votes)
- Grandma Mae's Norwegian Almond Bars 3.9/5 (70 Votes)
- Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Vanilla Sea Salted Peanut Cookies 4.5/5 (17 Votes)