quickbread - Skinny Oatmeal Banana Bread
Serving size: 8 Calories: 128 Fat: 2.6 g Saturated fat: 0 g Unsaturated fat: 2.6 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 23.5 g Sugar: 6.1 g Sodium: 205 mg Fiber: 3.1 g Protein: 4 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
- 1 c. oats, measured then ground into flour
- 1 c. oats, left whole
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/8 t. nutmeg, freshly grated
- 2 large, ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 T. oil (I used walnut because I thought it paired well with the banana)
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 8 drops liquid stevia (or another tablespoon of maple syrup)
- 1/2 c. + 1 T. potato water (see below for instructions on how to make it) (eliminate the extra tablespoon if you use maple syrup in place of stevia)
Adapted from oatmealwithafork.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Oil an 8 x 8 baking dish.
Mix the dry ingredients together.
Mix the mashed banana with the oil, maple syrup, stevia, and potato water in a separate bowl.
Mix everything until well combined.
Pour the batter into the baking dish.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.