Black Bean Souper
- 1 C coarsely chopped onionj
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 14 1/2 oz cans reduced-sodium chcken broth
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 C dried rotini or medium shell macaroni
- 1 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Grated parmesan cheese, optional
In large pan cook onion and garlic in hot oil until crisp-tender. Add chicken broth, line juice and chili powder. Bring to boiling, add rotini. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until pasta is tender but still firm. Add undrained tomatoes and drained black beeans, heat ghrough. Serve with parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition: 249 call; 4 g total fat (0 g sat fat), 0 mg chol.; 1,085 sodium; 44 g carbo; 6 g fiber; 14 g pro.