Cookie - chocolate chip
- 1 ripe California avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons molasses (or other liquid sugar like honey, agave or coconut nectar if you prefer)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (or a few more if you like!) chocolate chips or chunks (or dark chocolate bar chopped coarse)
Adapted from glutenfreegigi.com
Preheat oven to 350F.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In the bowl of your food processor, blend avocado and banana until smooth (you may also do this in a mixing bowl with a potato masher if you prefer).
Spoon mixture into mixing bowl (if you used your food processor).
Add eggs, molasses, vanilla and salt; stir until smooth.
Stir in coconut flour.
Add chocolate pieces and stir to distribute.
Spoon Tablespoons of batter on prepared pan about 1 inch apart (the cookies do not spread).
The cookies are fine left “as is” in mounds, or if you prefer a more uniform and flat cookie, you may gently spread the batter into a circle with the back of a spoon (see my pic up top for how this will look).
Bake approximately 10 minutes, or until cookies are set and appear almost completely dry on top.
Remove pan from oven and cool cookies 5 minutes before transferring with a spatula to a serving tray.