Roasted Shrimp Scampi
- 1 large lemon
- 1 pound(s)asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoon(s)extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove(s)garlic
- 1/4 cup(s)packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup(s)fresh basil leaves
- 12 ounce(s)(26- to 30-count) shelled and deveined shrimp
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1 box(13.25-ounce) whole-grain-blend spaghetti
•Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat large covered pot of water to boiling; add 1 teaspoon salt. From lemon, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1/4 cup juice.
•In bowl, toss asparagus, 2 teaspoons oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place in 18-inch by 12-inch jelly-roll pan. Roast 5 minutes.
•Meanwhile, mince garlic, mint, and basil. To same bowl, add shrimp, garlic, lemon peel, pepper, and half of mint, and stir to coat. Push asparagus to one side of pan; arrange shrimp on other side. Roast 5 minutes or until shrimp just turn opaque.
•Cook pasta as label directs. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Drain pasta; return to pot with asparagus, shrimp, lemon juice, basil, reserved cooking water, 2 teaspoons oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and remaining mint; toss to coat.