- 1 package (10 oz) of frozen chopped spinach.
- 3 cups of chicken broth.
- 1 cup of water.
- 1 cup of onion, finely chopped.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 cup of long grain rice.
- 1/3 cup of dry white wine .
- 1 teaspoon of Pernod (optional).
- Salt and black pepper, to taste.
- 1/2 ½ cup of freshly-grated Parmesan cheese.
Cook the spinach according to the instructions on its packaging and drain well.
Allow the spinach to cool completely and squeeze dry.
In a saucepan, bring the chicken broth and water to a simmer and keep at a bare simmer.
In a large saucepan, cook the onion in the olive oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened.
Add the rice, stirring until each grain is coated with oil.
Add the dry white and cook, covered, over moderately high heat, stirring, until the wine has been absorbed.
Add about ¾ cup of simmering broth and cook over moderately high heat, stirring constantly, until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth, about ¾ cup of at a time, cooking, stirring constantly and letting each addition be absorbed before adding the next, until about half of broth has been added. Reduce the heat to moderate if needed to keep the risotto at a strong simmer. Keep adding broth until the rice is tender and creamy looking but still al dente (about 18 minutes).
Stir the spinach and Pernod into the rice and add salt and pepper to taste.
Remove the pan from heat and stir in half of the grated Parmesan.
Serve risotto with the remaining Parmesan.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)