Spinach, Egg and Potato Salad with Bacon Dressing
This recipe uses little potatoes - recommended are the Armandine potatoes which are long and lower in starch than many other varieties.
- 1 lb (500 g) potatoes
- Canola oil for shallow frying
- 4 large eggs
- 4-6 cups (1 to 1.5 L) baby spinach leaves
- Bacon Dressing
- 6 bacon slices, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons (50 mL) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (35 mL) finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) honey
- Salt and creacked black pepper to taste
1. Cook potatoes in a large pot of salted water over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
2. Slice cooled potatoes.
3. Heat oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook potatoes in batches for 3 to 5 minutes each side until golden. Drain on paper.
4. Place eggs, in their shells, in a medium saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a slow boil on medium-high. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Immediately remove eggs and place in iced water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Peel.
5. Cook bacon in medium frying pan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until brown and crisp; drain on paper towel. Place in jar and add remaining ingredients. Shake until well combined.
6. To plate dish, place spinach leaves onto 4 individual serving plates. Top with potatoes and break eggs apart and scatter over spinach and potatoes. Drizzle with Bacon Dressing.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Artichoke and Chicken Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Turkey Roulade from the... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Adobo-Seasoned Baked Chicken Wings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork with Spicy-Sweet Pepper Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mom's Spinach Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- corn casserole with bacon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini and Potato Bake - 6 pts 0/5 (0 Votes)