Tomatoes Stuffed with Italian Style Tuna
- 2 (6 0z) cans water packed solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/2 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fennel
- 2 TB drained chopped piimento
- 2 TB chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tsp chopped drained capers
- 1/3 cup fat free mayo
- 1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
Combine tuna, carrot, onion, fennel, pimiento, parsley, and capers in a medium bowl. Stir in the mayo, oil, and pepper.
Cut off the top one fourth of each tomato, reserving the slices to use as lids. Scoop out and discard the seeds and membranes from the tomatoes. Fill each tomato with 1/2 cup of the tuna mixture and top with a lid.
Per serving 1 stuffed tomato: 165 cal, 5 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 32 mg chol, 534 mg sod, 13 g carb, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein, 31 mg calcium.