Asian Beef with Snow Peas
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces snow peas
- Optional: can add mushroom, scallions and water chestnuts.
- Other alternatives: Double cornstarch to 1 T. , Double the vegetable oil to 2 T., Use rice wine vinegar, not rice wine, increase beef to 1 1/2 pounds, and cook time is 7 minutes
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, and cornstarch.
Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium heat.
Stir-fry ginger andgarlic for 30 seconds.
Add the steak and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until evenly browned.
Add the snow peas and stir-fry for an additional 3 minutes.
Add the soy sauce mixture
Bring to a boil, stirring constantlyl
Lower heat and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
You'll also love
- Mike's Festive Sour Cream'n Chive... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Green Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Whole Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage and Herb Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Goya Classic Black Beans and Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Beef Brisket, Southern... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beefy Pasta "Bake" Crockpot 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lentil Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)