- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beated
- 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut, finely ground
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
In a shallow dish combine flour with salt and pepper to taste. Place beaten eggs in a second dish. In a third dish combine coconut, panko and curry powder. Coat both sides of shrimp in seasoned flour, then dip in egg, then in coconut mixture; press to coat. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until a deep fry thermometer to 365. Slowly place shrimp in batches in oil and fy until golden, no more than 2 minutes, turning once. Repeat with remining shrimp.
With a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a platter lined with paper towels.
Serve with horseradish cocktail sauce.
You'll also love
- LIME JELLO SALAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pinto Bean Burgers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ensalada la Delicia (Cucumber,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Rose Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes with Chyote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Eggplant Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple-Coconut Mahi-Mahi 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vanilla Bean Coconut Yogurt... 0/5 (0 Votes)