Pecan Pie Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch each of ginger, cinnamon, and/or cloves – optional*
Adapted from celebrationgeneration.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, continue beating until egg is fully incorporated and mixture is once again smooth and fluffy.
Add baking powder and flour, continue beating until mixture is uniform, with everything incorporated. Set dough aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, mix pecans and brown sugar with spices, if using. Add in heavy cream and vanilla, mix until well combined.
Roll cookie dough into balls that are about 1.25″ in diameter, and place them on cookie sheets – leave about 2″ between the cookies.
Gently use thumb to press down in the middle of each cookie, making an indentation. Roll thumb slightly to stretch the indentation out a little. Fill each indentation with about 1 tsp of pecan filling
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool on sheets for 5 minutes or so, before gently transferring to
* If you’re looking to make these exactly as we did for our cookie trays, I used a pinch each of all 3 spices in the filling