Zuppa Toscana Soup (Olive Garden copycat)
A great copycat recipe for Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup. A must try if you've never had it before.
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 7 cups water
- 3 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
- 2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from facebook.com
In a dutch oven, or large soup pot, brown sausage over medium-high heat, breaking into small pieces as you fry it. Drain, set aside.
In the same pot brown bacon over medium-high heat, remove and set aside. Leave two tablespoons of rendered bacon fat in the skillet.
Saute the potatoes, onion, and garlic in the rendered bacon fat over medium or low-medium heat. Saute until the onion begins to be translucent and the potatoes are still a little firm, but are beginning to soften.
Add the sausage, bacon, water, and chicken bouillon cubes to the pot. Simmer until the potatoes are tender.
Turn to low heat and add the kale and cream. Heat through and serve.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Carnitas 4.6/5 (88 Votes)
- Parmesan Zucchini Strips 4.6/5 (88 Votes)
- Orange Cream Cupcakes 4.6/5 (86 Votes)
- Healthy Slow Cooker Honey Garlic... 4.6/5 (81 Votes)
- Speedy Breakfast Casserole 4.5/5 (91 Votes)
- Bacon & Cheese Crockpot Potatoes 4.4/5 (103 Votes)
- Pumpkin Scones 4.5/5 (90 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings 4.6/5 (84 Votes)