Pasta with Chickpea-Tomatoe Pasta
Soak beans for a quicker meals
Step 1 Soaking
Overnight method: Sort the beans discarding any debris, and rinse. Place in a large bowl, and cover with double the amount of water. Cover bowl, and let beans soak over night, or for at least 8 hours.
Quick soak method: Sort the beans, discarding any debris, and rinse. In a large pot combine beans with double the amount of water. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes Cover and let soak 1 hour.
Step 2: Cooking
Drain the soaked beans and transfer to a heavy pot. Cover with water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cover partially and cook until tender, about 1 to 2 hours. Note: dried beans double in volume when cooked, so 1 cup dred beans will yield 2 cups cooked beans.
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- coarse salt
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
- 12 ounces medium past a shells
- grated parmesan, for serving
In medium saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and red-pepper flakes, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds (do not brown). Add tomatoes and broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until sauce has reduced slightly, about 20 minutes. Add basil and cook 5 minutes more, Remove basil. While sauce is cooking cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until aldente; drain pasta and return to pot.
Add sause to pasta and toss. Serve with Parmesan and garnish with torn basil.
You'll also love
- Ensalada la Delicia (Cucumber,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Rose Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Roll 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine with Sweet... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sun-Dried Tomato Crusted Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with Mixed Seafood Recipe -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken-Couscous Bake with Capers... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Simple Beef Chili with Kidney Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)